DIY Encryption Classification WEBINAR
March 2, 2022
- INSTRUCTOR: Felice Laird, Export Strategies, LLC
- Webinar tuition: $259
- Contact us for recorded version. email@example.com
In this webinar, we will move beyond the basics to focus on how to successfully classify hardware and software that use encryption and other information security technologies, and make sure the right records are kept to comply with BIS rules. In this webinar we will introduce encryption questionnaires to use as classification tools for your products. Participants will receive an encryption classification questionnaire reflecting current regulations, and will be guided through the template and coached on how to customize it for companies in different industries. We will work through case studies involving products classified as EAR99, 5×992 and 5×002. We will spend some extra time on newly published regulations issued by BIS to address emerging technologies in Category 5. Designed for individuals with a working knowledge of the export regulations.
- Quick overview of information security ECCNs in Category 5 Parts 1 and 2
- Classification and documentation requirements
- Tips for working with engineers
- Walk through a sample classification template
- Tips for creating a customized template for your organization
- Case studies: mass-market items, 740.17 (B)(1), (B)(2) and (B)(3) products, “cryptographic activation”, products excluded from 5A002.a1..a4, “connected civil industry applications”, surveillance, digital forensics and intrusion detection software.
You will be given a copy of the 13-page Encryption Classification Questionnaire Template which you can customize for your organization! Excerpt below: