Export Controls on Encryption (and other data security technologies) Basic Training 2022
February 23, 2022
INSTRUCTOR: Felice Laird, Export Strategies, LLC
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Webinar tuition: $259
- REGISTER NOW
Designed for individuals with a working knowledge of the export regulations.
- General discussion of the present controls on commercial encryption technology, including an overview of the 2021 regulatory changes
- Review of technical basics and the terminology used in the Cat. 5 Part II Technical Note regarding ‘cryptography for data confidentiality’
- Review of classification methodologies for items where information security is not the primary purpose
- The use of publicly available encryption code in creating software for commercial sale
- Understanding licensing authorities: NLR, ENC, and Export Licenses for products using encryption
- Recordkeeping and reporting requirements
- Outlook for future regulatory changes
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Felice Laird who has 30 years’ experience in training on US export controls. Participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar. The final 30 minutes of the webinar will be allotted to answering participant questions.