If SOLD OUT, please email email@example.com to purchase webinar.
RECORDED: OCTOBER 28, 2020
INSTRUCTOR: Felice Laird, Export Strategies, LLC
Up-to-the-minute training! Regulation changes from September 11 and October 5, 2020 are included in this webinar!
In this webinar, we move beyond the basics to focus on how to successfully classify hardware and software that use encryption, and make sure the right records are kept to comply with BIS rules. In this webinar we introduce encryption questionnaires to use as classification tools for your products. Participants will receive an encryption classification questionnaire reflecting current regulations, and will be guided through the template and coached on how to customize it for companies in different industries. We will work through case studies involving products classified as EAR99, 5×992 and 5×002.
Designed for individuals with a working knowledge of the export regulations. Topics include:
- Quick overview of encryption ECCNs
- Classification and documentation requirements
- Tips for working with engineers
- Walk through a sample classification template
- Tips for creating a customized template for your organization
- Case studies: mass-market items, 740.17 (B)(1), (B)(2) and (B)(3) products, “cryptographic activation”, products excluded from 5A002.a1..a4
Purchase of this webinar confirms user acceptance of all webinar terms of service.